To apply for any position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RESTORE ASSISTANT MANAGER
Habitat for Humanity of Hillsborough County FL, Inc. (HFHHC) is a 501(c)(3) corporation, focusing on showing the love of God to first-time homebuyers and families in Hillsborough County by giving them a hand-up, not a hand-out. Habitat homebuyers must donate 300 “Sweat Equity” hours, be able to assist with closing costs and make monthly mortgage payments. Habitat homes are sold to our homeowners at no profit with a no-interest mortgage. At the Habitat ReStore, our staff and volunteers accept donations of new and gently used quality building materials and furniture. We sell those items at extremely low prices (50%-75% below retail) through the operation of a retail warehouse owned and operated by HFHHC. The profits support the mission to eliminate substandard housing in Hillsborough County.
The ReStore Assistant Manager for HFHHC is a vital team member of our organization. The ideal candidate is someone with retail experience and a true passion for helping our families’ dream of homeownership become a reality. The position reports to the ReStore Manager. The Assistant Manager will assist the Manager by providing support and leading ReStore Associates and Volunteers on the sales floor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of retail operations
- Ability to follow best practice and procedures in a retail environment
- Experience working in a retail building supply environment
- Financial, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient communication skills
- Knowledge of marketing channels
- Comfortable in a sales environment
- Ability to use current computer applications and retail technologies
- Execution of the store model as directed by the ReStore Manager and Director
- Delegation of appropriate tasks to ReStore Associates
- Completion of daily checklists
- Logistics planning
- Coordinate staff scheduling
- Ensure that all staff and volunteers work safely
- Lead and work with volunteers to achieve necessary tasks and provide positive communication
- Keep the store floor and storage facilities in an orderly manner, ensuring maximum sales potential
- Cashier as needed
- Load and unload merchandise
- Assist store customers
- Process donated inventory
- Execute policies and procedures
- Other projects as requested by ReStore Manager and/or VP of ReStores
- High School Diploma
- Three years experience in a retail environment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Must have the ability to lift light to heavy items and work in an environment subject to heat, cold and dust.
Base salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience. Position requires work on Saturdays.
FULL-TIME RESTORE ASSOCIATE
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and with other staff and volunteers.
- Ability to relate to people of different races, faiths and incomes.
- Physical ability to complete work on the job site or in the store/warehouse, even during inclement weather.
- Ability to regularly and safely lift 90 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of building supplies.
- Provide outstanding customer service to donors, volunteers and customers.
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Time Requirements: 40 hours per week
Permits and Licenses: Valid driver’s license
- Participate in donation pick-up, including driving company truck.
- Receive, load and unload and allocate donations.
- Assist as needed with pricing, and control that inventory through price reductions.
- Assist customers.
- Assist store manager as directed.
- Assist on deconstruction projects as needed.
- Maintain vehicles.
- Keep vehicles clean.
- Provide maintenance reports to Resource Development Coordinator.
- Check daily update of the donation calendar to reflect any changes.
- Provide support and ideas to constantly improve all aspects of the ReStore.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In accordance with the American Disabilities Act:
This position requires the physical ability to sit, walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. This individual must also have the use of all senses, to include, but not limited to sight, hearing, smell and taste while possessing the ability to stand, stoop, bend, grasp, and/or hold to complete warehouse, storage shed, and shop work. The normal workplace will be out of the office and in the warehouse, box truck and outside. A majority of the work may be in non-temperature-controlled conditions. The position requires persons who are able to safely lift at least 50-100 pounds on a regular and frequent basis.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.