Homeowner Participation Requirements
- Homeowners must complete a Home Preservation Application and disclose all information needed during the application process.
- Homes must be owner-occupied in Hillsborough County, and homeowner must have lived in the home for at least 12 months.
- Homeowners must meet income qualifications here.
- Homeowners must be current on their mortgages, if a mortgage(s) still exists.
- Homeowners must be current on their property taxes.
- All physically capable household residents are required to work alongside volunteers during the workday(s). Homeowners must not leave the property while volunteers are present.
- Homeowners must not sell their home for at least three years after the work is completed on their home except for certain circumstances beyond their control (i.e. illness, etc.)
- Homeowners must have willingness to repay certain costs. Repayment is based off a percentage of the cost of non-donated materials depending on income level.
If you are interested in applying for Home Preservation, please contact Jeremy Cooke, Home Preservation Coordinator, at homepreservation@