No, it’s not a knock-knock joke. That’s opportunity knocking!
What opportunity is that? Well, I’m glad you asked! It’s the opportunity to partner with Habitat for Humanity of Hillsborough County to build strength, stability and self-reliance through homeownership.
From August 1 to September 30, 2016, you can apply to the Habitat Hillsborough Homeownership Program. Submit an Initial Application online by clicking here. Initial Applications are also available at our ReStores and at our administrative office if you cannot submit an online Initial Application.
Prospective homeowners must meet the following basic program qualifications:
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident (permanent residency)
- Live OR work OR both in Hillsborough County for at least the last 12 months
- Have steady income for at least the last 12 months
- Meet income guidelines (online at HabitatHillsborough.org)
- Have reasonable or repairable credit. If one has non-medical collections, the total must not exceed $1,500.
- Ability to make timely monthly mortgage payments
- Able to contribute toward closing costs
- Attend homeowner education classes
- Be willing to invest Sweat Equity in building your home & others
To learn more about our Homeownership Program qualifications, click here.