We are taking precautions to ensure you have a safe shopping experience so our staff will be wearing masks and practicing social distancing. We encourage our shoppers to do the same.
When you donate to the Habitat for Humanity Restore, your donation helps build affordable homes in Hillsborough County!
Habitat for Humanity of Hillsborough County ReStores accept donations of new and gently used home improvement items. Donate appliances, building materials, furniture and more! Have an item you want to donate? You can drop it off Monday through Saturday, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM at one of our Tampa ReStores located at 3738 East Hillsborough Ave. or at 11236 West Hillsborough Ave., or at 501 W. Robertson St. in Brandon. For larger items we offer free pick-up service. Please contact the donation hotline at 813-540-7540.
Organizations can donate new materials, overstocked items or last year’s items to our affiliate to be used in both our Habitat homes and our ReStore. All contributions are tax-deductible as a 501(3)(c) organization.
Here are just a few examples of donations from retailers, builders, and suppliers:
Some items are not salable. Due to the high cost of handling and disposal we can not accept the following items:
- Commercial Doors
- Disassembled particle board furniture
- Fuel cans; no antifreeze or motor oil
- Items with mildew or mold or termites
- Unsealed liquids of any kind including paint, cleaning chemicals, kerosene, gasoline, pesticides, and solvents.
- Mattresses or box springs
- Used cast iron tubs
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Upholstered furniture with tears or stains
- Incomplete beds (must have rails)
Guidelines are subject to change.